Sat, Jul 29|
Jackie's 30th Birthday Celebration!
A day of music, merriment, and many happy returns.
Time & Location
Jul 29, 11:00 AM – 11:00 PM
downtown Lowell, Downtown, Lowell, MA, USA
About the event
Our great friend Jackie will be celebrating her 30th birthday this July 29th, which coincides with Lowell’s annual Folk Fest. We’re planning a day of music, art, food and drink and would love for you to show up for all or some of it.
Here's our schedule for the day:
- 11:00am - 12:00pm - Fuel up with food and beverages in our apartment (24 Merrimack St)
- 12:00 – 12:45 - Springfield Exit (bluegrass and traditional country) - Boarding House Park
- 1:00 – 1:45 - Trian (Irish) - Boarding House Park
- 2:15 – 3:15 - Guitar Slingers: Swing, Blues, Steel—Whit Smith (Hot Club of Cowtown), Fran Grace, Melody Angel - Market Street Stage
- 3:50 – 5:00 - T’Monde (Cajun) - Dance Pavilion
- 5:20 – 6:15 - Lakou Mizik (Haitian mizik rasin)- Boarding House Park
- Dinner at our apartment from 6:00-8:00pm. We'll be having food from Mill City BBQ.
- Back into the city for more shows and checking out the local bars, likely 9:30 – 10:15 Fred Thomas of the JB’s (funk) - Boarding House Park
Please be aware that the Lowell Folk Fest is a major event! There will be large crowds and the weather may be hot and/or rainy. Give yourself plenty of time to get into and around the city.
Arriving and Parking
Parking is available at the following locations:
Ayotte Garage | 75 Post Office Square-Tsongas Arena
Davidson Surface Lot | Davidson Street off of East Merrimack Street
Downes Garage | 75 John Street
Hamilton Canal Innovation District Garage | 350 Dutton Street
Early Garage | 135 Middlesex Street
Lower Locks Garage | 90 Warren Street
Roy Garage | 100 Market Street
A portion of all parking processes is donated to the Lowell Folk Festival Foundation.
For more details on getting into the city during the festival, check out their website.
For anyone who is looking to make a weekend of it, there a few hotels in the area. UMass Lowell operates a hotel that is within short walking distance of our apartment/downtown Lowell. Another option within Lowell city limits but not in walking distance of our place is the Sonesta Select.
Folk Fest Performancesdowntown Lowell